Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Welcome to my blog!

Well mommy and I decided to start a blog with updates on new things I am doing and pictures for everyone to see. People are always asking mommy for new pictures of me so she thought this would be an easy solution. Check back often for new updates and pictures. Mommy is hoping to post new things at least once a week.

I'm about 4 1/2 months old today and I am very active! I can roll over from my back to my tummy, but I've only rolled over from my tummy to my back once. I usually only like being on my tummy for a short time, so after awhile I will let mommy and daddy know that it's time to roll me back over! I have very good control over my head and can sit up with some support. I am very nosy and love to see everything that is going on around me -- I don't like to miss a thing! I am teething right now, so I always have my hands in my mouth and I have recently discovered that my feet can also fit in my mouth! I love to hear myself talk and I always have lots to say (people keep telling me that I get this from mommy!).

I am starting to look more like mommy, although my hair is still darker. My hair is starting to thin out and I have some bald spots in the back from rubbing my head around and I also have a very bad habit of pulling on my hair which daddy apparently used to do also. I have had a haircut already about a month and a half ago. I am going need another one soon because my bangs are getting in my eyes. I have big blue eyes that everyone loves! At my 4 month check up I weighed 11 pounds and was 23.75 inches long.

Mommy and daddy share a nanny with another couple, so during the day I go to their house where the nanny watches the other baby and me. The other girl is two months younger than I am and bigger than me, but I can hold my own! One day the nanny laid us both down on a playmat and she left the room for a minute. She came running back cause she heard one of us screaming. The other baby was crying because I had grabbed hold of her hair and was pulling on it!

I like bathtime and just sit in the tub sucking on my hands and talking to mommy and daddy while they clean me. My favorite books are the Olivia books, that pig is too funny and makes me laugh every time! My favorite song is Mary Had a Little Lamb, which makes me smile when mommmy sings it to me.

Well I think that pretty much brings you up to speed on the 4 months of my life so far! Stay tuned for more info on me and from time to time I may even tell you what's going on with mommy and daddy!

6 comments:

meghan said...

your so cute :) I hope you come home soon
love ya tons!!
your favorite aunt
MEGHAN!

Aunt Mindy said...

Madeline
You have gotten so big! I can't wait to see you. I will be there in one day. We are going to have lots of fun. I love you!
Love
Aunt Mindy :)

lammyleap said...

Hi Madeline,
So glad to see that you are able to use the computer and generate text using a typewriter!! You are already much more capable than your Daddy!!

All of us McCormack's cannot wait to see you at your first Green Lake this year. We are going to have so much fun playing and making fun of your Daddy.

Keep growing up kid....you look marvelous!!!

Love ya,
Trev

katie said...

Hi Madeline! I can't wait to see you again! You have a lot more hair than I do and I'm a lot older than you! I hope you come into town on Christmas! Then you can meet my brother Carson.

Miss you!
Love William Novak

LINDA said...

WOW!!!!HOW GREAT TECHNOLOGY IS TODAY THAT WE CAN VISIT WITH YOU ONLINE. YOU ARE JUST ADORABLE. YOUR FAMILY PHOTO SAYS HOW PROUD YOUR PARENTS ARE OF YOU ALREADY. LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING YOU IN PERSON.
HUGS AND KISSES, GREAT AUNT LINDA

Great Aunt Mary said...

Hello Madeline.
It is so good to see you and how you are growing. You look like you are a happy and healthy baby. And of course beautiful.
Your mom had a great idea by creating your blog. Can't wait to meet you at Green Lake. It will be extra special with you there.
Love
Your Great Aunt Mary